5 useful apps that are guaranteed to make your day-to-day life easy
In this fast-paced modern world, we’re all obsessed with productivity. We want to get things done more quickly and with less effort, improve our time management, and live more productive and fulfilling lives.
Technology helps us achieve our goals in work and life, so we thought we’d share some of our favourite software and apps which we use to make us more efficient.
Productivity apps make your job easier and help you get more work done in less time. Although the list here isn’t only about productivity, we’ve selected apps we use to enhance our work and life.
Here are our chosen few.
Take the stress out of project management with Trello. A great way to collaborate with your team, Trello is intuitive and easy to use.
Use cards to break big projects into bite-sized chunks and individual tasks. Arrange your cards into different columns and move them along the different phases of your project. When tasks are complete, slide the card from one column to the next as you progress.
- Project management: manage projects for collaborative teams.
- To-do lists: create to-do lists complete with due dates and assign them to team members.
- Trello boards: Use these to create and manage separate tasks and to-do lists.
- Work with anyone: Invite anyone to join in and make things happen.
- Instant messaging: Message team members in real-time to discuss tasks.
When managing complex projects, Trello helps break down and simplify the process. It’s free to use with additional features on offer with premium plans.
If Asana is your collaboration tool of choice, you’re in good company. On the market since 2008, firms using Asana for their core communication include Google, PayPal, Sky, and Deloitte.
Get the best possible results and easily track your employees’ work.
- See where everything stands: use Asana’s boards to visualise your work and move through multiple stages quickly and easily.
- Never miss a deadline: create a Timeline to plan for how your project fits together and keep work on track.
- Bring it all together: Bring emails, files, calendars, and more into Asana with more than 100 integrations.
- Share progress: report work to your team and see how work is progressing to get a view on what’s on track and what needs attention.
- Share info with the right people: decide who sees what by making individual teams and projects, especially helpful if you want to create a safe place for sensitive work.
Asana will help you stay organised while providing collaborative conversation around updates and project progression.
Probably the most well-known group messaging app for business, Slack enables organisations and team members to have group discussions, one-to-one chats, and video and audio calls.
You can make discussions public, allowing anyone to follow along or chime in as necessary. Or chats can be private, whether one-on-one or among a group.
Slack helps foster a sense of community in the workplace and separate channels allow teams to discuss any number of leisure topics. Examples include TV, movies, book recommendations or just good old banter. For many businesses during the pandemic and with teams working remotely, Slack has become the replacement for chat which used to happen in the kitchen or at the water cooler.
- Bring your team together: everyone belonging to a channel can see messages and stay up to date.
- Share files: keep files and communication about them in one place.
- Make a call: connect face-to-face with one click when messaging isn’t enough.
- Collaborate: work faster and be more responsive using a dedicated channel for your external clients.
- Make tools more accessible: connect ready-to-use Slack apps, build your own workflows, or integrate your internal tools with various Slack APIs.
We’re just one of over 750,000 companies who use Slack: others include Deliveroo, NatWest, PWC, Uber and Airbnb, to name just a few.
Geared towards helping people develop better habits, Habitica is a to-do list app with a difference. Use it when you’re away from work and your computer or as a tool to improve your work-life balance.
Gamify your to-do list by creating an avatar and receive points and bonuses for completing tasks.
- Make your to-do list fun: turn your to-do list into a fun mobile game.
- Form good habits: set up good habits you’d like to develop or bad habits you want to overcome.
- Get rewards: score points for completing tasks and developing good habits.
Create positive habits that earn you points or negative habits you want to avoid. For example, say you want to eat more healthily. If you eat something healthy you win points, if you eat something unhealthy you lose points.
Of course, all this means honest reporting to the app but, if you hate to-dos but know they help keep you on course, Habitica provides the perfect solution.
Digital platform AdviceBridge enables financial planners and advisers to deliver financial plans to a much wider range of clients effortlessly and profitably.
AdviceBridge digitises manual, time-consuming processes for financial planners and enables your clients to engage with a simple and meaningful interface.
- Make the dull meaningful: replace complicated and time-consuming tasks with engaging and insightful information.
- Warp speed: information is, analysed automatically removing hours of analysis before writing the recommendation report to present to your client.
- Make more profit: turn unprofitable clients into profitable ones by slashing the time taken to undertake reviews and re-vitalise your existing clients with new advice opportunities.
Get in touch
If you want to find out how AdviceBridge can benefit your business and your clients, please get in touch. Email email@example.com or call us on 020 3925 3850.